Bicycle and Pedestrian Collision Data
This map is the observed pedestrian and bicycle collisions in San Francisco thanks to the SWITRS database that included their latitude and longitude.
- Collision locations are snapped to the nearest intersection using the latitudes and longitudes given from SWITRS to the latitude and longitudes of the intersections in San Francisco.
- Data is complete for years 2006-2014.
- Data is not entirely complete according to SWITRS information for years 2015-2017.
How to use this map
- Select a collision type and severity to display it on the map for all years.
- Move the year slider to map historic data.
- Click on an intersection to update the chart with historic data for the clicked on intersection.
- Click the arrow on the top right to hide the side panel.